Friday, November 18, 2011

Slow Cooker Turkey Chili


Ingredients:

93/7 Ground Turkey
Two cans of Tomato Soup
1 can of Hunts tomatoes for Chili
1 can of black beans
1 can of pinto beans
3 1/2 tbsp of chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
dash of allspice
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic chopped
salt for flavoring
*optional: cayenne pepper for spiciness

Directions:  Cook the garlic and onion first, then add turkey.  In the crock pot, add in the rest of ingredients, mix, then add turkey.  Cook on high for 4-6 hours (doesn't matter)

I'm pretty impressed with this recipe, it's super flavorful.  I must admit I was pretty scared at first because I haven't made chili in years and I wasn't sure what the outcome would be.  I think next time i'll add in some chopped green bell peppers and corn in it.  Try it, it's simple and you won't go back to buying canned chili.  I stored some in a tupperware in the fridge, and freezed the rest.  It's great for a warm winter meal.  It puts your spices to good use :)

No comments:

Post a Comment