Monday, January 23, 2012

I've Been Juicin'


(1 bunch of kale, 2 green apples, 2 large celery stalks, 1 pear)

Last year I watched a movie on Netflix called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  It is an awesome and inspirational movie.  It pretty much makes absolute sense in why we should juice! 

Now I'm not going hardcore juicing straight, but I think it's a really great way to get the nutrients straight into my body and fast!  Knowing my body, I know it takes forever for my food to travel out the other way TMI I know.  It makes sense for me to just drink my food if I can, and RAW because that's the best way to do it.  Overcooked vegetables obviously aren't as nutritionous so, once again, this is the quickest way to get to my system. 

The model of the juicer I bought is called the Breville Ikon Multi-Speed Juicer.  Breville is known for being one of the best juicing brands.  It's also featured in the movie.  I first borrowed one from a friend of mine and I loved it. 


(2 large carrots, handful of blueberries, 2 pears..can't remember but there was a good amount in here too)

I'm going to try to use the pulp in a meatloaf/meatball of chicken patty mix,

No comments:

Post a Comment