Friday, December 30, 2011

Starting This Year With a Good Outlook



Sunglasses are from K-mart..Selena Gomez collection lol but they fit well.
Scarf from Forever 21. 

ANYWAYS...

This morning I wake up at 11:00am (that's normal for Keenan and I since we stay up late to hang out with Walley to get some family time) and cook me up my favorite lately, a skillet omelet composed of potatoes, onions, peppers, sausage, eggs, and cheese.  Now why is this important for me?  Because I normally don't eat breakfast at all but and I snap at everything, but I've found I am much more patient with Keenan when I do eat and I don't snack as much at night.  that's a good start..


I'm starting Zumba on the Kinect and I am loving it so far!  I needed a new workout routine since I have no motivation to lose weight for our trip to Florida, but Zumba really gets me going.  It's not the usual clubbing music that you listen to over and over on the radio, no sex lyrics or whatever.  Just beats and bumpin. 

Keenan's words are much more clear now and he can tell me how he feels a lot more now.  I know all kids develop at different paces, but as a mother I am proud of him.  I know I should put more effort into teaching him things but he is now just starting to sit still when I read to him.  Love it. 

We have been doing so great with not eating out anywhere lately!  I always bring this up because we seriously used to eat out at least 3 times a week.  That is a lot of money and most of it was because I needed a break.  I have been working so hard on cooking everyday at least once or twice.  It is tiring but well worth the effort, not to add that it's more healthy because I don't use much oil.  Overall i've been proud of myself for making the effort.  There are a lot of restaurants in this town and it's so easy to get carried away, but I don't care much for any of it anymore.  I just want to stay home most of the time. 

Speaking of Florida, I really can't wait to just be in the presence of Florida.  A part of my heart will always be there. 

A few other things I want to try to do this year is get Keenan potty trained and into a school program for a few hours every other day. 

Why is New Years so exciting to people?  Because they can put any of the unwanted past behind them and look forward to starting something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment